Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mr. Mom

Brad is the best - This past week he has taken his Daddy status to a new level. Tuesday was my first day back to work (which went well by the way - thanks for your prayers) and Ella was still not acting like herself - fussy and crying a lot. We decided it would be best to take her in to the Dr. to see what was going on. Not only did Brad get up early with me to help me get Ella ready for the day, he brought her to Betsy's so that I could get to work early and not have to drive on the roads more than I needed to - he also took time off of work to bring her to the Dr since I couldn't miss work on my first day back. Well, Dr. Worpel said that she no longer had an ear infection, which was great news, but that she did have reflux - Ella doesn't have a terrible case of it, but enough that it bothers her - she'll be on meds now to make sure it isn't burning too much. (She was 12 lbs 10oz and 25 inches!!!) Brad suggested that since they were there anyways and we didn't get her shots last time because she was sick, that they give Ella her shots then so I didn't have to go through seeing/hearing her cry at a later date. I was so glad that he did that because when we had been there before when she had her ear infection, she cried so hard that I was bawling and the Dr. was almost tearing up. I appreciated him so much for helping with that. (Apparently Ella did great though - she just cried a bit while she was getting them and then 30 seconds later she fell asleep:) Also, yesterday when I was at work I got really sick and had to come home. Brad was like super mom all night, bringing food to me, catering to me when I felt sick, cleaning the house, and taking care of Ella. He was such a big help to me - he even slept on the couch and gave her the early morning feeding so I could sleep and then brought her bright and early to Betsy's today so that I could rest a while in the morning to be sure I was okay. Thank you Brad for being so loving and being Mr. Mom to Ella when I wasn't able to - I am blessed.

7 comments:

Bruce, Annie, Avery & Jack said...

What a guy! Ella is lucky to have such wonderful parents. Hope we can get together soon!

Greg and Shawna said...

He is a good man! I am sorry to hear you've been sick! Take care of you and tell little Ella I say hello!

The Rotman's said...

He is a great daddy and hubby. It'd so cute seeing how great he is with her. Like last Sunday when he came with just her. What a natural. I think Ella looks a tad like Kolty in the pic of her on the changing pad with her band-aids on. Glad that all went well with that too. Hope you're now on the mend.

THE WIERSEMAS said...

love her :) and i love my time with her...even though she sent your flu over to me. I am finally starting to feel much better! Can't wait to see her tuesday!

TracyVDM said...

What a blessing for sure!! Welcome to the world of reflux. We are 3 for 3 for reflux babies, so if you have any questions or need to vent...we've probably been there. :)

Julie said...

way to go, brad!

I can't wait to see her next week or so!

Anonymous said...

Jill! Ella's a cutie! You'll have to get Brad to jot down some Mr. Mom tips for me. I'm going to need all the help I can get!