Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009

The week before Christmas I was shopping at Home and Company and they were offering pictures with Santa Claus. Unfortunatly I didn't have my camera with me but a really sweet lady took one with her camera and e-mailed it to me. The Santa was really nice and friendly so I felt good about her sitting good by him but that was not the case. She flipped out and would not go near him so I had to be in the picture too. This is just another instance of Ella not liking Santa:) We were blessed with a wonderful Christmas...a lot of time was spent with our family - I think 5 parties in all! It was great being with family and celebrating the birth of Jesus. My favorite part of Christmas this year was having Ella be an active part of it. Last year she was just a little bundle and this year she had so much fun playing with the family (especially her cousins) at parties, opening gifts and liking the wrapping as much as the presents, seeing her eyes light up when she would flip the switch to the Christmas tree, and just generally enjoying all the festivities right along with us. She is a bundle of energy so she was into everything/everyone at the parties...she brought a lot of joy to the holidays.

Rotman extended family party
Ella with Andrew (my cousin Angie's boy) - a couple of happy little tikesGrandpa Rotman with our little familyGrandpa Rotman with the grandkids - Carley, Kennedy, Kolter, Andrew, Reed, Ella & Kooper

Koning extended party
Grandpa Koning with Ella
Ella playing with her cousins (second or third..not sure;) Evan, Caleb, and Nolan. She chased them around all night! I wish I had more pictures...I love that family and don't see them much so I wish I had taken more pictures...there's always next year.

Our little family "party"

Rotman family party

Of course Santa Brad came to visit the party and as always he had a mixed receptioin...about half loved that he came and the other half cried and made their parents hold them, including Ella

Kooper, Reed, and Kennedy with Santa (the Santa lovers)As you can see, Ella was not into Daddy's new persona:)The kids with Santa (with a little support from Grandpa and Bryan)My parents gave all the kids camping t-shirts to help get them pumped up for family camping trips this summer - Ella is sporting hers nicely...maybe by summer this shirt will be above her knees:)The girls playing...and the guys playing... and the kids playing... the piano - Kolter, Carley, Kennedy & EllaGrandpa and Grandma with all the kids...Kooper, Ella, Kolter, Reed, Kennedy & Carley

Koning family party
Bright and early!Yea! Candy!Ella sitting at her new play table with Lily and Grandpa and GrandmaElla and Lily with Grandpa and Grandma KoningWrapping up the morning with some Christmas music (...I see pianist in her future:)

Essenburg family party

Our little family with Santa (Grandpa Essenburg)
Ella enjoying all of the attention

It was a wonderful holiday season and we feel very blessed to have shared it with our loving families!

No comments: