Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

8 months old!

Our little Ella turned 8 months today - our little big girl:) I feel like she has grown up so much over this past month - her demeanor and capabilities are really changing. She is looking so grown up to us - her hair filling out and growing even taller. She now has 5 teeth coming working their way through and loves to babble all day long "dadadada" (I am jealous because none of her babblings sounds like mamamma:) I have really enjoyed meal times and seeing her expressions change with each new food - she makes some funny faces- so far I have made all her food at home which has been surprisingly fun! Her crawling and standing up along everything makes her days as a baby seem like a while ago...I know that 8 months isn't that old but boy she doesn't seem like a little infant anymore. She still loves to sit and play with toys but she would rather spend her days getting into our electronics (radio, computer, DVD player), pulling things off our shelves, opening drawers and following us around slowly but surely. Our house is sort of baby proof but we have a little ways to go yet. She loves spending time outdoors and being around lots of people. Ella is such a sweet and friendly little girl and it has been such a joy being her parent over the past 8 months.

Here are some pics from the past month...



Spending time with some of her favorite people...

Listening to Daddy play guitar and sing to herHanging out with Great Grandpa RotmanGrandma Rotman & MommyGrandma Koning, Great Grandma Essenburg & Mommy

Random pics...

Ella at the beach tasting the sand (a little date night with her and Daddy)Ella thinking she is a big girl standing up on her ownAt a park near our house trying out the slide and swing Being a little mischievious in the kitchen:)Our happy little family:)

6 comments:

The Geurinks said...

Happy 8 months Ella!! I almost thought she was wearing suspenders in that first pic:-). Yes, they sure can get into trouble! Our house isn't really fully baby proofed either--but enough that she won't get into things that will hurt her:-). I was happy that Layla said "mama" before "dada":-).

THE WIERSEMAS said...

I'M WONDERING WHY THERE ISN'T A PICTURE OF ME UNDER "SPENDING TIME WITH HER FAVORITE PEOPLE" :) HEHE

Brad and Jill said...

Oh Betsy -the funny thing is that i thought you might think that when you seen it...I didn't have any other pics of you guys together - except Memorial Day which I already posted. I just had some random pics I wanted to put in the blog and didn't know how else to catagorize it...I know you are teasing me but I want you to know that Ella adores you and although it isn't indicated on this posting, you are one of her most favoritist people:)

THE WIERSEMAS said...

yes, i am totally teasing you :)but in all honest i know she loves me almost the most of everyone :) hehe

Julie said...

what a beautiful family!

The Rotman's said...

Happy 8 months, sweet Ella. That sure went way too fast.