Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Look Who's Talking Too...We're Expecting #2!

On April 26 I found out that I was pregnant! It wasn't entirely a suprise, but there is always a sense of shock the moment when you see that plus sign. This time around I did not take the test with Brad there - I did it on my lunch hour without him knowing anything about it...I wanted to totally surprise him when he got home from work. I felt like I was going to burst with excitement the rest of the day! I wasn't sure how to tell him so I took a picture of myself (like the one above) and made a card out of it that said Happy New Years 2011! (At that time I calculated my due date to be January 1). After he got home from work, I was trying to figure out how to give it to him without him suspecting anything...just then Brad took Ella into her play room to play "mailbox" with her. We had just gotten a playhouse from Bryan and Daysha and Ella loved to put things and have things put into the mailbox in the playhouse. So, I gave the card to Ella and had her play "mailbox" with Brad. He grabbed the card out of the mailbox and saw that his name was on it.

Despite my picture taking (which is normal around our house), he didn't think anything of it and was completely shocked to see what the card had to say:)

You can't see it here very well but his eyes said that he was totally surprised:)
Dad breaking the news to Ella about the baby...and thus beginning the stage of Ella loving her "baby" dolls.
We are so excited to see what the future will bring as our family grows. We hope to meet our little one on or around January 4!

We shared the news with our families on Mother's Day. It was a little sooner than we wanted to share it but we thought it was a perfect day to tell them since it was a day to celebrate motherhood and we would also see both of our families in one day. We were so excited to tell them! We decided to just put the news in their Mother's Day card...

Mom and Dad Koning and family found out at Clearbrook Country Club where we were having brunch...


Mom and Dad Koning and the rest of the Rotmans found out at a get together at our house...


Although most of the family was semi expecting the news at some point and it wasn't a huge surprise, it was fun to be able to share our news with them and celebrate the new little life.

No comments: