Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekend in Cadillac

For the last 27 years my family has rented a cottage in Cadillac on Lake Mitchell. Over the years it has changed from all my extended family staying for the week to my parents and my aunt and uncle staying up there with the kids trying really hard to come and visit for as long as they can. I wish I could have stayed there longer this year, but at least I was able to stay up there for a couple of days with Ella. The cottage holds so many special memories for me with my family and especially my cousins. This year was an absolute joy for me because my cousin Angie and her hubby was there with their son Andrew and Ella had a blast playing with him...she called him "the boy". I tried the whole time for her to call him anything resembling Andrew but "the boy" was all we got:) It was a great weekend just hanging out with my family, going out for breakfast, playing in the water, and sitting in the sun...oh yeah, and generally chasing around Ella:) It was a little challenging because Ella and I slept in an open loft above the family room and so Ella was up really late until like 11:00/11:30pm, it was super hot weather with no AC, and I was very exhausted because of the being pregnant, it was all so worth it to be there one more year! Ella and Andrew spent a ton of time in this turtle pool together
What a cheese-ball!
They dumped lots of water on each other!
Little mini-me's of Angie and I:)
Andrew is just so darn adorable - how can you not smile when you see him?
Laughing with Grandpa!
My Dad (and Uncle Rog) fishing
One time Ella went in the lake and I decided not to use a swimming diaper...boy, I never knew how much those diapers could expand...had to get a shot of her bubble butt:)
Uncle Rog, Ella, Grandma and Grandpa enjoying the beautiful day on the dock
Ella chillin' with Grandpa and Grandma
Ella swinging with cousin Carley and Grandma
The family hanging out on the deck - Chris, Ben, Kevin, Sara, Andrew and Angie
Carley and Ella
Ella and Andrew being goofy
Ben, Uncle Rog, Ross and Reed during our corn hole/bean bag tournaments
Chris and Ella tickling each other
Angie, Uncle Rog, Ben, Mom and Dad
Ella enjoying being a water rat one more time before we left
Too cute not to include:)
Andrew, Angie, Ella and Jill
Grandma, Ella and Grandpa

No comments: