Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

16 weeks

I turned 16 weeks pregnant on July 20. Being pregnant the second time around is definitely different for me. I feel like time is just going by so fast...chasing around a 21 month old does that to you I guess:) I have all these feelings about being a mother again - nervousness because of having to take care of 2 children when I am so used to 1, excitment because I cannot wait to have a newborn to adore, and curiousity because I am so excited to see how Ella is as a big sister and to discover the mystery of how I could possibly love 2 children when I feel like I couldn't possibly love Ella any more or share that love with anyone else. I know that it will happen the moment I lay eyes on my baby and I am just thrilled to experience that amount of love! It is interesting going into motherhood for the second time because I already know the pregnancy process and what it is like to be a mother but I know that each and every day I learn more and can't wait to see what little Baby K has in store to teach me:)


The last couple of weeks has been difficult pregnancy-wise with not feeling very well...exhaustion would the best word to describe it. I am not throwing up or having nausea exactly, but feeling miserably tired in the afternoon and evening. I try to rest a little bit when Ella naps the days I am home and it usually helps - it is just unreal to me how being tired can be so overwhelming! I know it could be much worse so I don't want to dwell on it and hopefully soon I will start regaining energy as my second trimester goes on. At this point I have not felt any fluttering or kicking but I am so excited because I know that it is just around the corner! This is not my favorite picture but here is what my 16 week belly looks like!

2 comments:

Julie said...

you're BEAUTIFUL, Jill.

I totally remember those feelings of anxiety about having two. You'll do great... don't worry!

The Rotman's said...

So tiny for round #2 @16 weeks. Darling though, as usual. :)