Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

3 "Crappy" Nights

Little did Brad and I know that when we wished that Ella would poop that we would get the response that we did. We were worried that Ella might be a bit "backed up" this weekend and were impatiently waiting for some "activity". (We lead exciting lives, I know) Well, we got what we asked for...three times over.

Monday night we were out with Mere and Joe Geurink for supper when it happened the first time - she blew through all her clothes and somehow ended up even getting some in her hair by the time I got done changing her. The changing pad that we keep in our diaper bag was nowhere to be found and thanks to Mere she let us use a disposable one...I don't think there is anything more disgusting than cleaning off your baby on a surface that is probably more disgusting than your baby's butt:)

The second occurance took place at auntie Betsy's house. This was the worst of all - Betsy was babysitting and Ella blew through her clothes, blankets, and even through the Boppy lining - yikes. When poor Betsy, with her 29 week belly, went to lay her in the tub she realized that she couldn't bend over the tub with her prego stomach, so she threw on a bathing suit, and gave Ella a bath that way - now that is true love:)

The third (and hopefully final) blowout was at Applebees last night. We were there with our Grandpa and Grandma Essenburg. Ella was super fussy and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with her - she was so bad we each took turns walking with her. It was my turn when I realized that there was a foul stench in the air and I asked Brad if he noticed anything. That is when Brad proclaimed "Oh my word - she stinks - I thought she was wearing a brown onesie!" Nope - we do not own a brown onesie:) Apparently Brad noticed the "brown onesie" about 45 min before that and didn't think anything of it. Needless to say, poor Ella had every right to be crying and we had to race home to get all the stains out of our clothes as well - funny how we didn't even notice it all over ourselves -good grief. The sad part was that the restaurant was packed and everyone kept looking at us all night because she was so loud - I even was called over to a table because they wanted to see Ella close up - how many other people noticed that our poor daughter was caked with poo before we did - how "crappy" is that:)!

7 comments:

Matt Yount said...

LOL! I sure miss those days. Wait, no I don't! Though it doesn't go away. I spent last night ringing out Reese's puke bowl. Funny stories!

Matt Yount said...

I meant "rinsing". Oops.

The Rotman's said...

Those stories made me chuckle as I can so relate. Great poop mmemories, eh? Now you know why we always talked about poop stories. The Applebee's one really cracked me up. And poor Bets. What a trooper she is. Glad Ella got it all out of her system. When you pray for poop that's usually what happens. :-)

Greg and Shawna said...

Too funny!!! Imagine how bad her belly must have hurt--poor baby!

I love the part about her auntie just sucking it up and putting on a bathing suit (which I am sure is not her first choice of attire at 30 weeks pregs)...

Hopefully she's nice and cleaned out now!

Julie said...

oh goodness. That's hilarious! I'm glad she's keeping you on your toes! :)

The Geurinks said...

That's hilarious about Betsy putting on her bathing suit to give her a bath!! What a good auntie!! And the Applebee's story is great too. Gotta love fun poop stories. Brad probably just pretended to not notice so that he didn't have to change it--that'd be a Joe move:-). Last night I noticed Layla had pooped through her clothes when we got home from Carraba's--she had seemed happy while we were there! After I cleaned her up I asked Joe to put her pj's on. I just handed him the onesie thinking he could handle getting her sleeper. Well, she woke up a few times in the night crying (I just ignored her). This morning I realized Joe had never put her sleeper oen--just a onesie and her sleepsak--she was cold! Poor baby!!

Anonymous said...

Oh poop stories, we know all about them. Isn't it fun when they're in public places!?!:) That is too funny about Betsy. That is true love!

It's funny how a year ago we wouldn't be talking about this stuff and now it's "yea poop! Crap, too much poop! Oh, the poop's all over me. Oh well, is the baby clean?"