Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Babysitters Club

(I was trying to think of a cool name for this posting and this is all that I came up with. Not to get sidetracked but did any of you read the babysitters club books? Oh my word - they were my favorite books ever when I was young - I read them all - my best friend Lisa had the whole collection and I was so jealous but I thought it was so cool because I could borrow them whenever I wanted. I rememeber there was Stacey, Mary Anne, Claudia... and Logan (its weird but I feel like a had a crush on him - is that wrong to have a crush on a character in a book?:)

Anyways- I just wanted to write about the awesome babysitters that Ella has. She is blessed to have Auntie Betsy and Grandma Koning watch her each week while I am working. Ella loves going to Betsy and Jakes house especially because Macie is there. We heard Ella laugh (for real laugh) for the first time last week when Macie was running around their house - she laughed a few times in a row really loud and long - it was so precious! Grandpa and Grandma Rotman have watched Ella on several occasions and Uncle Bryan and Auntie Daysha watched her for an hour last Saturday. Beyond that Ella hasn't really been watched by anyone else except for Great Grandpa and Grandma who will watch her this week Friday because I have to work an extra 1/2 day so that will be so nice. Although Brad and I prefer to take her wherever we go instead of getting a sitter, when we do want to go on a date night or whatever we so appreciate those that love Ella and will watch her. And for those of you who have offered to babysit and we haven't taken you up on it yet - don't worry - I am sure there will be a time in the future when we will really want a babysitter.
Macie and Ella taking a nap together:)"Ella, I think I am going to get you!!!" (she loves when Grandma plays)Ella loves her cuddle time with Grandma and walking laps with GrandpaShe is so blessed to have Auntie Daysha babysit - she sure knows how to capture a precious moment!

5 comments:

THE WIERSEMAS said...

i'm so glad you posted that picture of Ella and Macie napping :) I personally think it's so cute haha. I LOVE watching her on Tuesdays...i look forward to it every week! When the baby comes i will miss having her, but hopefully after a month or 2 she can start coming back on tuesdays. :)

Greg and Shawna said...

I, too, loved those books! Remember the (horrible) Baby sitter's club movie?!?! I used to love that, as well, but I know it was super corny!

Anyway, how wonderful you have such nice families to help out!

The Geurinks said...

I loved those books too--but not as much as Sweet Valley:-). We did have the entire collection though--you would have been jealous:-). I remember then starting our club with neighbor girls--not baby-sitting though--I hated that:-).

That is really handy to have family that can help take care of her!!

Anonymous said...

HAHA, the Babysitters Club. I read them, but I don't remember all the characters like you!! :)

That picture of Ella and Macie is SO cute! I love it... the other pictures are cute too. It is nice having family watch them isn't it? Doesn't make it quiet as hard to leave them!

The O'Connor Family said...

I just love the pic of Ella & Macie! Ella is so pretty! I love her big blue eyes. :) I hope that all is going well!