Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grandma

Grandma -

I remember…

Playing hide and seek

Your pumpkin bread :)

Drinking cold coffee out of your really small coffee cups when I was way too young to be drinking coffee.

Watching Psalty The Singing Songbook religiously at your house and how we’d all sing along when the kids were lost in the woods…“Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path”.

Sleepovers – I can still smell the sheets.

The big Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings ever year, we’d always stay as long as possible.

How the grape jam always tasted better from your jar with the little spoon.

School shopping with you every year.

Walking you down the aisle at my wedding.

Swimming at your house and how you always made us use the ladder (when you were looking)

Going to Chicago with David, Josh, you, and Grandpa.

The way you prayed.

How you’d come to almost every school function and church event I was a part of.

Playing MadLibs on the way to the Tiger’s game.

Introducing Ella to her great Grandma.

How you’d read us Bible stories.

I know these are just a few things, but most of all I simply remember you as being a part of our lives and I wish I could thank you for that in person!

I love you and will miss you until we meet again.

Love,

Brad

5 comments:

Matt Yount said...

That's sweet man. Really cool. By the way, I once played Psalty in the Children's Musical at the first church I workd at. I was a big blue book! Memorable!

THE WIERSEMAS said...

i like how you posted this on here....i may have to copy :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. I am sure you will cherish those memories and share them with Ella as she gets older.

p.s. and I, too, took part in a Psalty musical when I was probably 7...it was great!

Dave said...

don't forget about how loving and forgiving she (and grandpa) was when we crashed the sea-doo's together! :)

beautiful post, brad, and great pictures, jill!

Bruce, Annie, Avery & Jack said...

So Sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma. Hold all of those memories close to your heart. Grandmas are special people! You guys will be in our thoughts & prayers!