Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

39 and holding...

Well, I am officially 39 weeks pregnant now and never would have expected to want strong contractions so bad in my life. I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said that now I am just shy of 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I have to admit that I am a little disappointed because I have been feeling so many symptoms lately and I thought for sure I was further along, but that is okay. I figure that no matter what it will happen in the next week or so. He also said that the baby was in a great position and had dropped considerably (I could have told him that:). I guess now it is just a waiting game. I just want to say thank you to my friends and family who have been so interested and encouraging to me throughout the pregnancy and who continue to check up on me. Its been a tough week of not much sleep, nausea, and contractions (not the real
kind:) but I will just keep reminding myself that the (worst is yet to come:) and that in the end it will all be well worth it. Hope to have my next blog be announcing the birth of our little girl! (not an update from my 40 week Dr. visit:)

9 comments:

THE WIERSEMAS said...

Glad you finally updated :) I am waiting anxiously for a phone call from you guys!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am sure she will come soon enough - and we all can't wait to meet her! I hope that somehow you find time to rest between now and then!

Anonymous said...

Geez...I thought for sure I'd get to see her this weekend before that wedding we have in GR on Sat...maybe I still will, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Julie said...

thanks for the update. She'll come when she's ready :) and then you'll forget about how long you waited.

Bruce, Annie, Avery & Jack said...

We can't wait to hear the news when that happy day arrives. So many emotions when you don't know exactly to expect. You have been in my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

The Rotman's said...

We are very much looking forward to meeting your little honey as well. Even if you do hit the 40 week mark, you don't have that much longer to wait. I can totally recall how you're feeling though...when you're ready, each day seems like forever and birth day can't happen soon enough. We love you and can't wait to see you two as mommy and daddy!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you this Jill!! I know, there's nothing I can say to make you feel better! Enjoy your last few days sans child, doing whatever your want to do on your own time schedule, and get ready for the greatest blessing of your life:) Can't wait to meet her!

Matt Yount said...

We are SO looking forward to meeting babygirl Koning!!!!! Hang in there! We were just talking about that tonight that it must be any day now!!

The Geurinks said...

Can't wait to get your call and meet your little girl!! I'm sure the waiting is killing you (I never got to experience that:-) ). I'm so excited for you guys to be parents! See you in the hospital soon:-)