Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, September 29, 2008

Due Date...no baby

Here I am- 40 weeks pregnant and no baby! Much to our dismay, after my Dr. appointment this morning, it looks like it may be just a little bit yet before I have her. I didn't progress too much - I was at 2 1/2 cm and 80% effaced. She has progressed as far as being further down and head is positioned correctly, but he feels that I am not at a point yet where he thinks I should be induced. On a positive note, it was awesome because he did an ultrasound to make sure she was positioned correctly and we got to see her head, ribs, and heart beat! The plan going forward is to see him on Thursday morning to see if anything has changed and if things look more advanced than today he may induce Friday, but as of now I am scheduled to get induced next Monday. Brad and my hope is that I just go naturally before that, but if I have to be induced then so be it. My dad has a work trip scheduled for this coming Sunday - Wednesday and I will be so sad if he can't be there when I have her - so please pray that I am able to have her by the weekend!:) Looks like in the mean time since I was done with work on Friday, I'll just have to be lazy and do whatever I feel like doing - not too shabby! I don't think I have any more nesting left to do, but if you know me, I'll find something:)

9 comments:

THE WIERSEMAS said...

I'm sorry to hear that there hasn't been much progress yet! We too are anxiously awaiting her arrival! Let me know if you need help with anything...in the mean time enjoy your days of doing whatever you want-when you want :)

The Rotman's said...

Don't worry about being induced if it comes to that. I've gone both ways and actually preferred the induction, so don't listen to people if they try to scare you. I do hope you go naturally though with this being your first and before dad heads out of dodge. My guess is 9/29 or 10/1... so we'll see. (My track record for guesses with your child haven't been all that accurate :-) ) Either way, soon enough that little doll will be here and we can't wait. Enjoy your week!!

The Geurinks said...

I'm sure you can find something else to do around the house, if not just watch talk shows and soaps all day:-). I'll guess 10/2---that way we've all had our babies in the single digits--1st, 4th and 5th so far. Either way, it can't be TOO much longer!! That was cool that you could see her one last time inside you. Can't wait to meet her!

Karsten Family said...

jill-
i found your blog via jake & betsy! i have been thinking about you a lot these past weeks & wondering if you have had that baby! oh...i feel for you these last weeks & all the waiting are just NO fun - i am right there with you...4 weeks left for me:) hang in there!
lisa

Bruce, Annie, Avery & Jack said...

Oh the anticipation is building for your little honey to arrive. You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers. My Dr. told me to drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to get things moving I had a cup in the morning at noon and before I went to bed and Jack was born the next day. Its worth a try?? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this phone call...I'm happy to know that you are still healthy and your little stinker will be here soon enough! I want to wish you all the luck in the world as you go in to labor! What an exciting feeling that at any second you are going to be "mommy"...amazing...God is good, huh?

TracyVDM said...

Enjoy your time of being able to do what you want, when you want...that's all about to change! :)

It was so nice seeing you guys on Sunday!

The Geurinks said...

I see that you just watched 'Baby Mama'--that was the last movie we saw too...quite disappointing we thought!

Anonymous said...

Our internet h working well all week so I'm finally getting to read this...while you're at the hospital being induced! We've been thinking and praying for you all week and especially today (Friday). I can't wait to get the phone call!!!